Sunday 24 February 2008

Andy Kehoe artworks

Having not been around and well-informed of the art scene for long enough, I first came across Andy Kehoe's works through a fellow collector, lordlupus and getting all awed with the few original paintings he has managed to acquire.

Since then, I have slowly grow to like Andy's works. I love how the colours work well with his abstracts. Moreover, I love more how affordable his prints are. It is always a good thing to follow an uprising artist rather than an already well-established one, when it comes to affordability.

I realized that at the end of the day, I must say that I would very much prefer hand-painted drawings as compared to drawings that are 'digitalized' (in which, I started off very much liking SHAG's works way earlier on). Personally, I feel there is more ample space for your imagination to go wild and free when looking at original hand-painted drawings/paintings.

I became even more indulged when sleepboy featured Andy Kehoe on his blog, plus that he acquired an original piece entitled 'Humanity Bleeds' which I absolutely love.

Currently contemplating about purchasing two prints, most likely 'Humanity Bleeds' and 'New Beginnings' which was just released couple of days back. Definitely not the ones that feature death, not my kind of thing.







Andy Kehoe website / flickr / shop / blog

No comments: