Wednesday 13 February 2008

follow up: Petit Lapin black

At long last, I can quit worrying about my black Petit Lapin of straying afar, lost in transaction. I was absolutely looking forward to see this piece up close. Hence, I was quite the happy puppy when I saw this at my door.

The boxing could have been way better. I do not mind the shoebox but it could at least be wrapped up with brown paper or something. It looks poorly managed, Mr. Clement. My 'shoebox' was totally beaten-up.

Upon opening, one hand I am glad that there was bubble wrap over it and the new packaging is sturdy; on the other I was inevitably dismayed to see faint scratch marks on random spots.

It is a real lovely piece, but one cannot just be pleased when one keeps coming across 'problems' that could have been prevented in the first place.

On the sidenote, the actual piece has good weight to it. Sculpt-wise very well done, smooth flow all around. And look, it stands. You will know what I mean if you do own Mr. Clement's previous Lapins.

I reckon just about anybody would fall in love with it.

No comments: