Friday 8 February 2008

Brendan Monroe sculptures

It's incredibly difficult to resist these intricate creatures/sculptures. I absolutely love a few chosen ones. Mainly because I can relate them to what I do at the moment.

"Mycobacterium" dimensions variable, various hardwoods and acrylic

(mounted on wall, but to me they resemble futuristic light-weight balloon structures on the ground)




"Solid, Liquid, Gas" dimensions variable, various hardwoods, acrylic and fishing line



Microbe, cedar and acrylic

(not so much on this one, it slightly creeps me. Probably because I hate multi-legged 'things')


Images via Brendan's website



Rumour has it that there might be new vinyl toys from Brendan. The above are sculptures apparently. Let's just hope there will be concrete news about that something new in the near future.

2 comments:

sleepboy said...

love his sculptures. i have a wood microbe but would love to get more. that installation is like the most amazing thing i have ever seen.

nick + said...

I saw your post on it. It's beautiful mate. I am certain he will have more stuff coming up. Should look forward to new sculpts.