Monday 1 September 2008

Boozoo Bajou

Helloooo September! There will be some major changes in my life within this month. It's just another crossroad in my life, so to speak. I am expecting a big 'something' today or otherwise tomorrow. It should be featured in my next post, I hope.

Alright, just a couple of nights ago, I found a handful of good downtempo (not the biggest fan of house music but I find it hard to distinguish some) albums by
Boozoo Bajou, a musical duo from Germany known for their distinct blend of Cajun with occasional raggae-mic sounds. I have not the chance to check out their newest album but here are couple of selections from their previous albums for your enjoyment.

However, I am more keen on their less-Cajun ones for a start.



Second To None - Boozoo Bajou




Yma - Boozoo Bajou



Boozoo Bajou does quite a few remixes for other artists and this is where the Cajun-feel comes into play. Here is a splendid beautiful remix of Tony Joe White's "Rainy Night in Georgia":

Rainy Night in Georgia - Boozoo Bajou

No comments: