Tuesday 2 September 2008

Naoto Hattori mini paintings

I wouldn't say I am exactly a big fan of Naoto Hattori's works. But I do have much respects for them, especially when I had the chance to look at one original piece entitled "Blow" at a fellow board member's home collection. What I really like too is how they are meant to be kept at a relatively small and in many ways, affordable sizes. To go beyond, his artworks in my opinion, is as comparable in details as any large paintings. That itself, blows me away.

Hence, yes, I suppose I am attracted to him because of the 'other' things over his works. Nontheless, I do like and found myself appreciating them slowly but surely.


Taken from Yolao's flickr

He has done many, but I find myself appreciating those of faces and hair strands.

No comments: