Sunday 7 September 2008

"She Who Dares" print

I did not notice that Audrey Kawasaki's show I just talked about has an innitial release of her print of her piece "She Who Dares". It is a fair comment to say that this might be Audrey's best print to date, but just because it is also most likely her works have progressed to another height.

I believe this piece was her first painting on a dark gray stained wood and second attempt after her first on a similar finish on a skatedeck (here).

It is quite stunning looking it up close. I find there is a rule of thumb for myself when contemplating whether or not I like an artist's works. Imagine yourself strolling pass a gallery one day and coming across a piece of work hung on the front display without any knowledge of who the artist is, there and then, without any influence, I think it will come naturally.


No comments: