Sunday 25 May 2008

Dr Cube is amazing!


I was absolutely stunned by this Dr. Cube piece done up by Kenny Wong. I have always been a secret admirer for Brothersfree creations, since I was pretty exposed to their pieces when I hung out with people collecting 12-inch toys, including the previous infamous Brothersworkers figures. They are simple amazing, well-thought through toys. Their works is a cross between designer figures and 12-inch figures.

My personal take is that 12-inch figures is ultimately the toys we will or rather 'should' end up still playing with, if we put into context the toy-collecting process, ie. transitional periods between toy genres, so to speak. Somehow, I foresee myself heading towards that direction. I do think this is one type of toys that is still in the shadows of others, these guys are pretty much leading the designer x 12-inch scene.

This figure being from the line of the Copperhead-18 project, you can expect there will be quite a few characters and maybe couple of variants from each. Gotta stick to either your favourite colourway OR a complete set of one colourway just so they look good clustered.








Does remind me that my very first toy show was probably this one, where the Brothersfree trio made an appearance in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This was back in December, 2004.




Now I wish I had gotten into these figures way back then.
I do wonder where the other two are, since it's solely 'Kenny's Works' now.

No comments: