Saturday 3 May 2008

Tokyoplastic Yellow Geisha



Got a hooked up with a yellow geisha from NYCC. Much appreciation to teese. Excited to add another geisha to the collection. I must say I might be a completist when it comes to Tokyoplastic releases. I resisted the giant geishas (two colourways to-date) and both the black and GID Opera Dudes. I have a feeling that I might end up purchasing the red giant geisha once I found space. And I do crave for the large Tokyoplastic prints (with the bloodied mechas) released ages ago. You don't see those often.

I would insist that the older geishas were done way better. It is a great piece of course, but I do not see the reason to re-release it in an absolutely odd colourway and slightly larger size. Can't help but to think this is just a marketing springboard for its current manufacturer for Tokyoplastic's upcoming Koguma. Just my thought.

No comments: