Monday 18 August 2008

J Neth


This is one artist whom I had not the opportunity to lay my eyes on until recently. J Neth's works is something that I, very slowly, grew fond of. Strangely, he never really got near to building a very big fan base. However, he did manage to gather a comfortable number of dedicated fans.

From my point of view, his works is of a minimalist's approach; in reference to his toys, they are more like artistic ornaments to a contemporary home. These are not toys. They deserve more than a mere glass cabinet with halogen lighting and protected from dust. If I do own one, I would place it where every guests in my home sees it; right smack at the center of my coffee table.



A custom labbit he recently did for
"Down the Bunny Hole" at Rivet Gallery in May 2008


I particularly love the Flora Collection (NC7, NC8 & NC9), which you can view up close here. I found a nicely written up interview with J Neth by Plastic & Plush dated December 2005 here. Very worth reading. Got into his works a little too late, shall have to hunt a bit for a couple of Neth Creatures.

Tune to J Neth's blog.

No comments: