Thursday 7 August 2008

then came along King Kun


I struck a deal for a James Jarvis x Bounty Hunter black King Kun and he finally came by late this evening. I expected a lot from a piece, a result of this awesome collaboration.

The design speaks for itself. It is a much loved design and final sculpt, I have no problem with that. Quality-wise, there are evidently a few. The finish did not come out as clean as it should be: paintjob, lines, surfaces; they aren't top finish. I also thought that it should at least be a little more weighty, taking reference from the King Ken, it lacks the sense of good weight which sub-consciously implies whether it is a quality piece of collectible. In many ways, I would have wanted it to stand as tall as a King Ken.

Even more unfortunate, there is an evident cut at the back of its right arm, obviously by something sharp. Probably have to bring this matter to AMOS.

- fantastic sculpt, disappointing finish.


"please don't be mad at me"

No comments: