Tuesday 19 August 2008

Jin Roh


When it comes to collecting 12-inch toys, the Jin Roh is definitely on top of my top 3 figures to own. I suddenly was reminded of its highly acclaimed anime in which it first garnered world attention. From my point of view, people just love watching 'sadistic' movies; movies that generate a sense of helplessness.

And in helplessness, comes naturally hope. The anime aside, the design of the character Jin Roh is a complete work of a genius. Truly frightening in every way. For story plot, read on here, though I suggest you go watch it.

Jin Roh is one of my favourite short animes of all times. It is not merely another anime, but a complete masterpiece with idealogies and... hope, really. The creator, Mamoru Oshii, also created Ghost in the Shell. Hence if you are familiar with Ghost in the Shell (which somehow was more mainstream, but almost just as good), you probably could tell where I am heading in this post.

In terms of toy, the 12" Jin Roh is a masterpiece, similarly to the movie. Though I am no expert in telling you whether the quality, proportion and accessories of the figure is impressive or not, I can tell you that it is one heck of an intimadating figure to have among all 12-inchers.

Recently, very recently, Revoltech announced the release of a more affordable, smaller yet detail version of the Jin Roh for about $23 (via. here)



Here are the previously released 12-inchers





Here is a treat to sum it up


No comments: