Friday 28 March 2008

Amy Sol "Karmic Magic" show



This painting, entitled "Karmic Magic", image released by Sour Harvest will probably be a major/ leading piece for Amy Sol's upcoming June show at Thinkspace.

It features quite a number of creatures with my attention particularly towards the raccoons, just because they seem to be latest creatures to be introduced into her paintings. The top-right whale is just a little 'off' for me, probably its teeth. Angry ghostly whale, I suppose.

I notice, that a majority of people who dig Amy's works, tend to be a fan of Audrey Kawasaki's works too. On the contrary, I prefer to think that it is one or the other. Audrey's characters tend to be portraits with some slight surroundings to go with, while Amy tends to have a much wider surrounding setting that sets her characters and creatures in. While I can see the similarity mainly on their preference for wood grains as a medium but I believe both of them will gradually grow and head towards quite different directions, art-wise.

And mainly because I can't afford to 'chase' after more than a handful of artists. :)
I quite like Audrey's works too.
Have a good weekend.

No comments: