Wednesday 19 March 2008

Noferin's Pecanpals & CoproNason show


Noferin will make it big when they showcase their works at CoproNason, entitled "The Start; or Where We Begin" on 5th April 2008! I would like to suggest that their works-to-date are quality works of art. Particularly where they introduce bits and pieces of what they see and experience from where they are (Carrara Island, Australia) into their paintings. I was in Melbourne for quite a few years but knowing that Carrara Island has a completely different environment with different lifeforms really intrigues me.


"In which fluttering friends gather by the lilly pond"


Making the subtle gentle creatures from their paintings come to life is probably one of the best things I have seen it a while. Just absolute quality.


Fanelli, Pecan, Pandacake, Claudius and Jac Jac

They do remind me of my childhood toys that have got those rewind mechanism to make them move. Mind you, these aren't simply toys. They are entirely made from wood, hand crafted, hand painted, and limited to 200 per character.

Sweet to be looking forward to something, after a long while of stagnancy.

No comments: