Tuesday 29 January 2008

Amy Sol upcoming works

“Leave The Hair & Go Free”



“The Serendipitous Wreck”




“Going Forth With Apples"

Amy painted three paintings for her upcoming show at Gallery 1988 San Francisco on the 1st of February. I'm a big fan of hers. I love a couple of other artists too with similar style (Audrey Kawasaki, Stella Im Hultberg) but oh well, it's always better to stick to one you personally like best. Helps heaps with your wallet.

I have been following her works since the release of her print, "Hello Sea Pony", which I passed on. Punching myself now for not purchasing that piece. I thought it is one of her best earlier ones. Since then, she has progressively matured and her arts have gotten 'deeper', if I may say so.

I am personally very attracted to her themes. I love the names, I think it is one of those small little things that tickles the heart. At the moment, "To You From My View" is my current favourite. Somehow I see myself in it. Glad to be able to follow closely with her prints released so far. I reckon I would cherish these more than the toys.

Amy Sol website & blog

2 comments:

sleepboy said...

love these. thinking about trying for the hair one or the train one

nick + said...

Between the two, I'd pick the hair piece. Good luck trying, let me know if you do manage to acquire one.