Thursday 24 January 2008

Julie West Custom Mellow

Oh yes, just received a sweet email from the lovely Julie West that my commissioned Mellow is done.

I personally requested the green and I particularly love the contrasts between the colours that Julie applied. Very rich 'chocolatey' colours, I must say.

During our meetup at the 'Shelf Life' show at Bodhi Gallery, London back in November, she insisted to have a go at the jello that comes with the Mellow (it rhymes). Though she must have had a tough time getting paints to stick to its surface.

I left the design all up to Julie. Sometimes, you just gotta place all your trust in the artist. ;) She's a wonderful artist to work with.

Top quality work, Julie!

Gotta get this piece a name or theme still.

3 comments:

sleepboy said...

beautiful. you are sticking to mellows now huh? nice focus.

Jeremiah Ketner said...

Now this is hot. I just love Julie's customs. She has an amazing sense of line and color profiles. Truly a great source of inspiration. You are a lucky guy to have this piece and I see that your mellow collection is shaping up. Congrats! how did I find your blog anyway " Note to self"

nick + said...

I'm sure you saw this from Julie's flickr, Jeremiah.

Thank you both. I found out Julie resides very near to my place, hence I could not resist not getting a custom done when I had the chance to now.

I do have a few more coming up. But there's also a teddy trooper and a dumb luck.