Tuesday 15 January 2008

Phuek! Custom Possessed

I thought it was time to debut the amazing Phuek!. Known by the name Phu! in short, he was commissioned to do a custom on a Possessed figure, originally designed by Luke Chueh. I never thought much of this sculpt as a platform to do a custom. I suppose not every artist's style may work on it. But being Phuek!, he pulled it off with this piece:


Voltz


I always thought that his custom pieces have a very gentle uniformity and I'm impressed that he is keeping to this style very much and gradually improving. I can imagine all his pieces to form a 'battalion' just because they possess similar attributes, and in other words they look like as if they have the same mission and goal.

The possessed was a product of an excellent character created in Luke Chueh's paintings. I was happy to acquire one after much hassles from a UK store, infamous for not delivering its promised pre-ordered orders. However, I was a little dismay when I first saw it as I presumed it was bigger but it looks so much smaller sitting next to my Mellow piece. The other variants, mono and black were seriously over-priced. Personally, I think that collectibles should not go over $100 a piece (reference made towards Sancho as blogged here). I can only hope.

Does remind me of the delicately thought-through Mr. Bunny piece by Joe Ledbetter only costed $60. And everyone thought that was relative highly-priced back then. Let's not go into inflation, market fluctuation, cost of living bs. Bottom line is, I believe these 'collectibles' should be made affordable, neither too low for kids to get their hands on nor too high that only high-income earners can afford to fork that kind of a money. For the average-dude, I would say.


And this piece goes to none other than... sleepboy. Big'im up!

Phuek! site

No comments: