Tuesday 29 January 2008

Brendan Monroe Sour



Recently been coming across this piece and gradually became hooked to it. I absolutely ignored this piece when it was released back in 2005. I am sure I came across it but I was not attracted to it back then. Not really into Brendan's art but vinyl-wise, there is just something about this piece's simplicity.

In describing his first Vinyl Figure Brendan Monroe states "The actual SOUR comes from the idea of a fruit or a pod coming alive and creating havoc and trouble."

I am quite certain I started getting hooked to it through these photographs, here and here by a fellow flickr member. He takes very impressive photographs, particular of these little creatures. Beautiful!

I am quite tempted when I recently came across somebody selling it at the forum. Double its original price of $50, shall I? Hit me up if anyone's got hookup.


Brendan Monroe website

No comments: