Monday 28 January 2008

follow up: Julie West Custom Mellow


The custom Mellow surprisingly appeared at my doorstep early today. Big cheers to Julie for the quick delivery. It was a pleasant start to the day.

It's beautifully done. The paintjob is stunningly simple and clean yet the idea behind the design is intricately hidden. When I first saw images attached to the email Julie sent, I thought there were merely graphics on the body.

Things that I did not notice, slowly revealed themselves. The jello at the center is probably where the stomach is, sadly eaten. The two elements on the right and left, would you believe that I did not notice that they were, in fact the arms and hands with a wooden spoon and fork in each.

The jello is a bonus. Love the overall colours used. Notice the fine lines and dots, cute freckles and the eyes were amazingly done. It is a finished piece worthy of unlimited praises.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can imagine NICK is all smiles, from one end of the face to another. :)

nick + said...

Ow... I should be!
Good to see you here, Rach.